Monday, 5 February 2018

My weight lose journey

                                               


Above photo 14.5 st 

Below phone 10.9 st





  
When someone used to say diet to me, I used to think diet ? who needs to diet ? It never even crossed my mind. As a teenager I was always confident with the way I looked and felt. I never had a problem with my body image. This was until I was in my early 20's when I started to gain weight. Working shift work didn't help and my body clock was all over the place. I would eat and all hours of the day / night and not only this I would also overeat.

I mean eating chocolate for breakfast is not always the best idea unless its Easter or Christmas right ?!?! On those occasions its totally acceptable

 This is when I decided I needed to do something about it and I started Slimming World two years ago , I have never been thin and always had to watch what I have eaten due to gaining weight . Meeting My FiancĂ©e and becoming happy in my life and feeling comfortable took my focus away from my body image. Things where spiralling out of control and I decided I didn’t want to be this person anymore, My clothes didn’t fit me , I was covering my body in baggy jumpers , black clothes and anything that would cover my body shape, my arms where such a big hate of mine. I wouldn’t wear anything that showed my arms and would permanently have them covered. I was unfit , unhealthy and feeling very low in myself. 

I walked into group feeling nervous and couldn’t see how this was going to make me lose weight. Id tried so many other diets before and always felt hungry and tired because I was starving my body which lead me to being moody and unhappy. Slimming world is the best diet for me, you can eat so much food and never feel hungry. Within six weeks I was already a stone lighter and feeling happier and confident within myself.

I became pregnant March 2016 and promised myself I would stick with it as it is a healthy lifestyle choice and I wanted to give my baby a healthy start to life.
However I struggled badly throughout my pregnancy with sickness and tiredness . I hardly ate and when I did eat I made the wrong choices due to my appetite. My diet was spiralling out of control and by the end of my pregnancy id gained three stone. I found it hard to accept my new postpartum body.
I decided to re-join and started again, since then I have lost three stone and have a stone left to go to target ! I’m so proud of myself, however I struggle on a daily basis to make the right choices and face my food demons regularly. Sometimes it’s hard to not beat yourself up, so I regularly remind myself how far I’ve come. I’m three stone lighter, I’m happier, healthier and in a better place. I want to be the best version of myself and now I have my daughter to set a good example of a healthy lifestyle for.

Not only am I now accepting my body I'm learning to love my body and the beautiful daughter my body gave me , I'm not punishing my body and injecting myself with bad thoughts about my body. don't get me wrong I love cake, chocolate & Pizza however I've learnt to have a balance . Giving your self restrictions only makes you want things even more and ultimately makes you unhappy.

be happy and love your body !!!

SHARE:
© Kirsty Lea Orbell
Blogger Templates made by pipdig