Saturday, 7 April 2018

Being a working mom












“When are you going back to work?” is the big question everyone wants to know the answer to as soon as you start Maternity leave and tbh it’s the last question I wanted to answer. For me going back to work just wasn’t something I was looking forward to but I also was aware that maternity leave was just a short period of time and I’d definitely be going back to work. I’ve always worked full time and enjoyed doing so and enjoyed the benefits that come with it like new clothes and plenty of holidays.

When I was pregnant and on Maternity leave my plan was to always go back to work full time. I tried to enjoy every minute of maternity leave, some days where difficult and I couldn’t wait for Dan to walk through the door and  other days I embraced every moment eating cake and cuddling my newborn.  I wanted to continue to have my income and be able to enjoy life rather than watching the pennies.  Staying at home with my baby full time was never a option for me like most other people we have a mortgage to pay and food to put on the table , as well as nice family days out together and yearly holidays, isn’t that what we work for not just to exist?!

Aria is my everything and I couldn’t put into words how much I love her, she has changed my world in so many ways and is the little light in my life that made everything make sense. Motherhood can be the most challenging but also the most wonderful journey. I knew returning to work would be hard but also that it was the best thing for us all as a family. I love being a mom and feel like I’ve found a new purpose in my life but I also like being Kirsty and going back to work gave me that balance. 

I received a lot of comments such as your going back to work ? Yes Hun !! You will miss out on so much they are only small once !! I get it , I get all the comments and agree to an extent however I needed balance. I needed somewhere I could go to and have a laugh and adult conversation as well of spending days in soft play and listening to hey dugee on repeat !  

We are all out here just trying to do our best for our families, I feel so lucky that I can go back to work part time as some can’t go back at all because of childcare cost. Whichever option you choose to do stand by your decision as only you know what’s best for you . For me working part time gives me that balance so I can focus on my career and also be a mom and I don’t feel like I miss out at all and make beautiful memories with my family along the way x 
  

SHARE:
© Kirsty Lea Orbell
Blogger Templates made by pipdig